The Age of Aquarius – Tracey Hunt
Aquarians are often misunderstood, and it’s not hard to see why.
How can someone who is typically quiet; courteous and softly spoken also be feisty and courageous, protesting and fighting for justice and humanitarian rights? Go figure! An air element that is depicted by a water carrier – what’s all that about?
Can’t work our your Aquarian buddy? As an Aquarian I have made some observations and learnt some interesting things about mysterious Aquarians. These may provide you with some insight into one of the most commonly misunderstood signs of the zodiac. Of course, we are all unique individuals and no two Aquarians will be the same, but here’s what I think:
- Typically we are quirky and spontaneous; we have a thirst for knowledge and finding out about people and things. We are known to have fertile minds that need constant stimulation. We have an acute sense of curiosity and are often on the look out for new adventures – wanting to experience all the world has on offer. While this is exciting it can be the bane of our lives – boredom is our biggest fear!
- The eleventh zodiac sign, Aquarians are ruled by the planet Uranus. Uranus is the planet that symbolizes unpredictability so “Bring it on”!
- Our element is air but typically our sign is characterised by a water carrier. Being an air element provides insights into our personality traits – we are smothered by earth, overcome by water and boosted by fire. Water is representative of our thinking and creativity – a continuous river of new ideas and innovative solutions. This can however make us prone to flit from one idea to the next and our lack of commitment can be frustrating to others.
- Our birth stone is the alluring, sparkling purple Amethyst.
- Our independent streak can make us appear aloof. But don’t get us wrong – we get along well with all sorts of people and make loads of acquaintances but we tend to have very few real close friends. When we do make friends we are very loyal and often make friends for life.
- We are as quirky as hell! Don’t be surprised if your Aquarian buddy takes up surfing at age 40, or whisks themselves away on an Australian horse riding adventure!
- We are creative/visionary souls and are often writers or artists. We are supposedly very good at drama and a high percentage of actors are Aquarians which could be why we are often the “entertainers” at the party.
- We are sensitive. We feel and hurt deeply. Our spirits maybe fiery but like a pale flame they need nurturing and can damage easily. We have a penchant for perfection and when this doesn’t eventuate we can find it difficult to forgive. Our stubborn nature has something to do with that!
- We are fiercely independent. Don’t crowd us or bog us down for we long for frivolity and freedom of mind and body! However our independence can make us feel a deep sense of loneliness and disconnection.
- Quirky Aquarians have an air of mystery and love of life that make them fascinating just to observe. Aquarians have a passion for loving, coupled with a love for life and for love itself. How fitting that Valentines Day should be within the Aquarian zodiac period.