You Could Be the Boss of the Ministry of Youth Development for Youth Week 20th – 27th May 2011
The theme for this year’s Youth Week is STEP UP, Be heard, Take responsibility, Be YOUth! The Ministry of Youth Development is committed to promoting young people’s development and participation in our work. We want to walk the talk and hand over the reins of the Ministry during Youth Week.
To be the GM for the Ministry of Youth Development for Youth Week you’ll need:
- to be aged between 17 to 24 years old
- be a member of the Aotearoa Youth Voices network (you can sign up online at https://www.myd.m1.co.nz/subscribe.aspx)
- excellent communication skills including public speaking as you’ll be representing the Ministry at Youth Week events and with key stakeholders including the Minister of Youth Affairs
- a passion for making the difference for young people and a good knowledge of the youth sector
- good strategic thinking skills and the an understanding of the key drivers that underpin good youth development in communities
- good project planning skills as you’ll be designing your own community project over the week
- to be available from 20 to 27 May 2011 on a fulltime basis.
- this is an unpaid opportunity
- a grant will be given to your community project
- travel, accommodation and meals will be covered for the recipient living outside of Wellington
- pre employment checks will be completed as required.
Applications should be made by Friday 13 May 2011 by posting your 100 word response to the question ‘Why you want to be General Manager of the Ministry of Youth Development during Youth Week 2011’ on the Ministry’s Facebook page – .
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com or call 0508 FOR MYD (0508 367 693).
Tags: youth leadership