Intern position: Assistant web editor and copy writer
Do you have a passion for positive social change, and dream to work in online publishing? This role could be for you.
Happyzine needs a reliable intern to help write weekly ezines, upload articles, and occasionally write content. This is 100% online work, you can work anywhere, and you’d be collaborating with Happyzine founder Charlotte Squire. This role would be a great opportunity for students, or people seeking work experience in the online publishing field.
Time per week: five to ten hours
Timeframe of internship: six to eleven months
Internship: this is a voluntary role
- Experience running a daily, online positive news website
- Connections with awesome people around New Zealand (and beyond) making a difference
- Experience working with the backend of WordPress.com
- Editing skills
- Skills in online writing
- Skills working with an online e-newsletter programme
- Graphic design experience
- Insight into effective online imagery
- Valuable time learning how an online news site ticks
- The opportunity to work with an experienced journalist and entrepreneur
- An affinity with the Happyzine ethos
- Proven record of ability to commit to a role for the full term
- A consistent approach to work
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience using social media and online tools
- Belief in the power of positive media
To apply: send a cover letter explaining why you’d like to take on the role, and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before Sunday March 21st.