Golden Bay group launch world equal-gender Government petition and ‘Walk into the Street and Wave’
Currently there are four men to every woman in Parliaments world-wide. It’s time to change this.
Check out the petition Equal Gender Government here.
We are a group of people from Takaka, New Zealand promoting 50/50 male/female governments globally. We are a non-profit organisation being developed under the umbrella of the Golden Bay Work Centre Trust.
There are many issues surrounding the status of women in the world. Our focus is on the balance of government representation worldwide. Currently it stands at 81% men to 19% women – more than four men to every woman.
‘Walk into the Street and Wave’ 12.30pm Thursday 8th March 2012 is a positive and peaceful event that allows anybody to express their support for global gender equity – simply by standing on the pavement and waving to each other.
We are promoting the Wave Event by:
- Providing a link to Petition Online supporting the creation of gender equal government world wide. Equal Gender Government for New Zealand Sign up today.
- Advocating for referendums on creating “gender equal” governments.
- Seeking positive and constructive comments and essays to post on our web site.
- Providing a links page for more information on issues relating to gender equity.
- Lobbying governments and politicians.
- Providing a printable poster page to promote the Wave Event – Logo Posters & Flyers.